Senior Director / VP of Operations
Flight builds remote-first customer experience teams for growing startups who put people first. We partner with everyone from early-stage founders making their first support hire to established leaders scaling their teams to help them run industry-leading customer experience programs.
Our mission is to expand access to careers in customer experience and advance a human-centered outsourcing model.
It’s an old industry, but our way of doing it isn’t, and there’s a lot more yet to build. We need to balance managing our current business today with pursuing our vision to drive the future of work.
That’s where you come in — we’re looking for a Director / VP of Operations who shares our values of service, inclusion, and cooperation and who can help us take our business and our impact to the next level.
What you'll do
Help us scale — We’re growing quickly, and as such, we need someone who can build a well-oiled machine to help us deliver on our current business needs while also working to anticipate future needs, fill gaps, and set us up for our next inflection point.
- Work alongside the leadership team to define company strategy and annual and quarterly goals including fiscal and growth targets.
- Direct all aspects of Flight’s quarterly planning and project management to ensure projects align to our strategy and goals and are thoughtfully scoped, well-executed, and delivered on time.
- Own financial and business forecasting including ad-hoc analysis to support cash allocation decisions.
- Drive high-impact cross-functional projects like geographic expansion.
- Oversee finance including invoicing, bookkeeping, payroll, and tax reporting as well as employee operations including compliance and onboarding.
- Create reporting that helps us build a better understanding of the performance and velocity of our business.
- Operationalize all areas of the Flight business — creating repeatable practices, smooth processes, and scalable systems.
Help us take care of our partners — We work with amazing companies to help them build their CX programs. Where our CEO will primarily focus outward to bring in more people and resources, you’ll focus inward on our company to make sure we deliver outstanding results for every client who walks through our digital doors.
- Partner with our Program Managers to oversee onboarding, implementation, quality assurance, and ongoing support to quickly establish and maintain productive partnerships.
- Serve as a strategic partner and function as the executive leader who represents Flight to clients.
- Facilitate communication between our clients and internal team, triage and solve requests and issues, and synthesize and follow up on action items from weekly client and team meetings.
- Track performance metrics and take appropriate action to ensure adherence to SLAs.
- Run skip level meetings with team leads and occasionally with agents in order to keep a pulse on team alignment and sentiment.
- Monitor client and team health, regularly report to the rest of the leadership team, and take remedial action where needed.
Who we're looking for
- 7+ years of professional experience and well versed in both strategy and execution
- You have managed both individual contributors and other managers, and have a proven ability to inspire and develop individual teammates.
- You have a mix of general business skills and acumen along with customer support operations expertise including staffing, forecasting, quality assurance, tooling, and process.
- You’re hyper-organized. You create a digital place for everything and keep everything in place, and keep track of all the details. As such, you can be counted on to be a trusted source of information.
- You’re a systems-thinker who loves both structure and strategy. You’re always thinking about how something will scale, what the next iteration of any particular project or program will be and what will be needed to get there.
- You have remote work experience and are a proven master of concise and asynchronous communication, for example documenting all decisions in a central, archivable, and searchable place.
- You’re a creative thinker who isn’t afraid to think big or recommend non-traditional ideas and solutions. The Flight leadership team is well-versed in tech and CX industry best practices, but we’re also trying to shake up some outdated ones, which often means making up our own rules.
What we offer
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
- Competitive compensation based on experience and location
- Global community of talented teammates joined by a passion for helping others and commitment to supporting one another’s success
- Learning and development programs so you can keep growing your perspective, skills, and career
- Early stage startup with lots of opportunity for ownership and impact
- Paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.