Director of Program Management
Flight builds remote-first customer experience teams for growing startups who put people first. Our mission is to expand access to careers in customer experience and advance a human-centered outsourcing model in partnership with our client companies.
We partner with everyone from early-stage founders making their first support hire to established leaders scaling their teams, and our clients rely on us to find the world’s top talent and work in partnership with them to set up the right infrastructure for success.
That’s where you come in — we’re looking for a Head of Program Management who can ensure that our amazing group of clients is supported with the teammates and strategic partnership that will help them grow industry-leading CX programs. You’ll oversee all partnerships at Flight CX and liaise between both our clients and frontline teams to make sure we deliver outstanding results for everyone who walks through our digital doors.
What you'll do
- Serve as a strategic partner and direct point of contact for our clients — run onboarding, implementation, quality assurance, tool optimization, and ongoing support to quickly establish and maintain productive partnerships.
- Facilitate communication between our clients and internal team, triage and solve requests and issues, and synthesize and follow up on action items from weekly client and team meetings.
- Define team performance and ensure contract objectives are met. Track performance metrics and take appropriate action to maintain integrity in our work.
- Stay sharp on client needs, acting proactively and swiftly especially for headcount and workflow optimizations, as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Monitor client and team health, regularly report to the rest of the leadership team, and take remedial action where needed.
- Partner with our talent team to find the best hires for each new program and ensure they’re supported with continuous training to match their client’s needs.
- Run one-on-ones to direct reports and skip levels with agents. Provide regular mentorship and guidance to frontline team members, including management of underperformance (PIPs), developing leaders, and SMART goal setting.
- Foster a culture of quality, problem-solving, and open communication to raise and resolve concerns in adherence with Flight CX values.
Who we're looking for
- 5+ years in multi-channel customer support leadership; bonus points for customer success or account management experience
- You’ve managed other managers, and have a proven ability to inspire and develop teammates at all levels.
- You’ve led teams at a large scale (20+) and have strong expertise in support operations foundations including staffing and forecasting, quality assurance, training, tooling, workflow optimization, and other processes.
- You’re well-versed in at least one major ticketing platform and can set up and optimize contact forms, workflows, automations, reporting, and integrations.
- You’re data-driven, love a good Excel sheet, and have a knack for drawing insight from metrics.
- You’re service-focused, but you’ve also got a persuasive side that will help you influence our partners to implement new strategies that will uplevel their programs and increase their success.
- You have remote work experience and are a proven master of concise and asynchronous communication, for example documenting all decisions in a central, archivable, and searchable place.
What we offer
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
- Competitive compensation based on experience and location
- Global community of talented teammates joined by a passion for helping others and commitment to supporting one another’s success
- Learning and development programs so you can keep growing your perspective, skills, and career
- Early stage startup with lots of opportunity for ownership and impact
- Paid time off
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.